Thursday, November 19, 2009

November Good Times


Eleanor has learned what to do when you say "Smile!"


The fall season is finally in high swing around our house! We are gearing up to visit Ben's side of the family next week for Thanksgiving. I am optimistically planning to bring all the Christmas presents for that side of the family in effort to avoid shipping them, but still have a few more things to pick up before next Wednesday. Our combined extended family has grown by 4 people in the last two years, with Ellie, two new brothers-in-law, and a new little niece, so perhaps it's better to break up the shopping into two groups, one before Thanksgiving and one after. I also am feeling good that I've picked up a few gifts several months ago due to some awesome 75% off sales I ran across in the summer months. We were also blessed to rediscover some "Reward Points" on an extra credit card we rarely use anymore, so that brought us a nice check to get gifts with.

My rehearsals for the musical NINE have been going pretty well, also. I have learned from all the publicity for the new movie version of NINE that the original musical and the new movie are different in many ways-- characters have different backgrounds, there are several new songs in the movie, and there have been many other original songs taken out as well. So, if you do get to see the movie, I believe the basic premise remains the same, but our version is not nearly as hip and flashy as the movie-- no Kate Hudson go-go dancing ;) Our serious dance rehearsals begin the week after Thanksgiving. If the audition was any preview, we will be working hard and sweating a lot in the coming weeks! I am excited to hopefully get in better shape!

I am playing my flute in church on Dec 13th with a flute trio- we are playing "Carol of the Bells," a fun song for flutes. It will be our last Sunday at our church before Christmas, since we'll be leaving the following weekend for New Hampshire.

Ellie is full of energy and spirit these days. Ben is convinced she can actually run now, although I haven't seen it for myself yet. I am happy that she gets to see all her family over the next month, she has grown a lot and is more and more like a little kid each day (and less and less a little baby :( ). She is very cuddly and sweet, friendly, interactive, and would like nothing more than to sit on your lap with her Bah-Bah (blanket) and have you read her a story.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to see you guys and cuddly babe/kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lap is clear and my reading voices are fine fettle:)

    ReplyDelete