Sunday, October 25, 2009

Auditioning once again

A promo pic for Ann Arbor Civic's "Nine"
(that's me on the far left)

I just returned from an audition this afternoon for the Civic Theater's production of the musical "Nine" which will show in mid-January. It was a small audition with only 4 women, 1 man, and 1 boy, considering the show has probably 20 women, 1 man, and a few boys. There is a second audition tomorrow, so hopefully some more folks show up.

We did 2 dance numbers, and then each of us sang a song we prepared with an accompanist. The dancing part went so-so and we were all extremely out of breath afterward, but I nailed my song and people clapped, which they did not do for the others. I chose "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from the Little Mermaid, and who knew I could really belt it out. I'm so happy it went well, I actually just went over it with an accompanist this morning after church for the first time, and then the second time was at the audition. I'd really like to get a role with a name, as opposed to the nameless chorus again, and there is one character (the town whore, of course) who sings a really low belty-song "Be Italian" that I think I could do pretty well if given the opportunity. Here's to hoping! The call-backs are Tuesday night and we hope to know who is cast by Wednesday.

I'll keep you updated! The pic is from a promo pic the Civic Theater took several months back to advertise for the coming season, it was just by chance that they asked me to model in it. Although, being pixelated and gold wasn't how I had originally pictured my involvement ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment