Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waiting to hear back...

Well, I found out some good (?) news about my audition: there will not be call-backs basically because not enough people auditioned yet, so they are tentatively casting just about everyone who auditioned as in the musical, and they will sort out the actual parts once they scrounge up a few more warm bodies to fill out the cast (I am assuming they'll contact some civic theater "regulars" and persuade them to join up). This has happened in other plays and musicals I've been in, so I'm not surprised, but it's kind of a let-down when you don't get the rush of having beat out other people for a certain role. "Here, you can have this part, because no one else cares." Just doesn't mean as much ;)

I think the two main things that prevented a decent audition turnout were the facts that not many people were familiar with this musical to begin with, and the rehearsal times cut through the busy holiday season, with the show opening the 2nd weekend in January. Ah, well. I might know later tonight if I was cast yet in a specific role. I will keep the blog posted!

In more seasonal news, I am working on putting together all the games for our church's Harvest Party this Friday. I will attempt to paint a scarecrow later this afternoon for Pin the nose on the Scarecrow. Or pin the Tie, I haven't decided yet. We're also having Pumpkin Bowling (bowling small pumpkins), Musical Chairs, Pumpkin Ring Toss (tossing a ring onto some pumpkins), decorating paper bags for candy, a Candy Hunt, and a jar full of jelly beans to guess the #.

Well, the babe awakes, and so our afternoon continues...

2 comments:

  1. "because no one else cares...." hahaha! Aww... I hope they give you a good role. I'm not familiar with the musical either, but it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you could come up with some good games for 'Wingfest" with your experience from the Harvest Party. LOL :-) Thanks for the pics of Eleanor. That is so cool that she is wearing your kilt. She has gotten so big. Can't wait to see her in person this summer!!
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Lyn

    ReplyDelete